Whether you are already retired or near retirement, all of us at Harbor Lights Financial Group, Inc. are here to help you answer some very important questions and help guide you into the next phase of your life. We will analyze your current situation and present you with ways to save for your retirement, the investment choices available to you, and ways to help preserve your existing assets.
A sound retirement plan should include clearly defined goals and objectives that cover the following areas:
- Planning for a comfortable and rewarding lifestyle
- Portfolio management designed to provide flexibility and stability in an ever-changing market
- A proactive plan that consistently addresses your changing lifestyle needs and helps preserve your assets
We will continue to work closely with you to help ensure that you stay on the right track for a comfortable future.
For those of you who are already retired, the planning doesn’t end there. We will sit down with you and discuss strategies for withdrawing your assets, keeping your investments producing, and protecting your legacy through estate planning.
Estate Planning Strategies
An essential part of the retirement planning process is a properly structured and regularly reviewed estate plan that addresses your family’s needs. We will work with your personal attorney to offer a valuable perspective for your unique situation.
The three major steps in the estate planning process are:
- Create Your Will – as the fundamental component of your estate plan, your will is a primary document for transferring your wealth upon your death.
- Review Your Plan – due to lifestyle changes, it is important to review your estate plan, especially if your marital status changes, you’ve had or adopted children, your job changes, or if you move.
- Choose Your Executor – the complex process of settling an estate can take months and having a personal representative to help with this process is important to the security of your loved ones.